Geography MCQ – Set 9
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1688
1. The instrument to measure the speed and direction of clouds is called –
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1702
2. Name the largest freshwater lake in India –
(A) Chilka Lake
(B) Powai Lake
(C) Wular Lake
(D) Dal Lake
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1725
3. TulBul Project is associated with which of the following rivers?
The Tulbul Project is a “navigation lock-cum-control structure” at the mouth of Wular Lake which is fed by the river Jhelum[/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1767
4. Which of the following are located in Meghalaya?
(A) Girnar Hills
(B) Jaintia Hills
(C) Garo Hills
(D) Javadi Hills
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1794
5. Which among the following Island of the Andaman & Nicobar islands contains the only known examples of mud volcanoes in India, called locally as “jalki”?
(A) Baratang Island
(B) Barren Island
(C) Car Nicobar
(D) Havelock Island
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1807
6. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is situated in
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1811
7. Which of the following States is a member of the ‘Seven Sisters’ states ?
(A) West Bengal
The Seven Sister states are the contiguous states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura in northeastern India.[/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1895
8. Which is the best known bird sanctuary in Haryana ?
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is very popular national park located in Gurgaon District in Haryana State.[/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1896
9. Shortest day in northern hemisphere
(A) December 21
(B) June 21
(C) March 23
(D) July 22
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1957
10. [SSC CGL 2015] Which hill station’s name means ‘place of the thunderbolt’?
The name Darjeeling comes from the Tibetan words, Dorje (thunderbolt) and Ling (place or land), meaning the land of the thunderbolt.[/spoiler]
To check our latest Posts - Click Here