Geography MCQ – Set 3
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1234
1. Among the Union Territories of India, which one has the largest size?
(A) Daman and Diu
(C) Anadaman Islands
(D) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1235
2. Kula, Kufri, Kajjair and Dalhousie are all tourists place of which state?
(A) Himachal Pradesh
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1276
3. The Paithan (Jayakwadi) Hydro-electric project, completed with the help of Japan, is on the river
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1292
4. Nangal is known for
(B) Oil Refinery
(D) Penicillin industry
Nangal, is a Municipal Council in Rupnagar district in the Punjab, India. Naya Nangal serves mainly as a fertilizer complex of National Fertilizers Limited (NFL), a public sector undertaking of the Government of India. [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1293
5. Kudremukh Iron Ore project is in the state of
(B) Tamil Nadu
(D) None of these
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1296
6. [CDS 2011] Consider the following statements about black soil in India
- Black Soil becomes sticky when it is wet.
- Black soil contains adequate nitrogen as well as phosphorous required for the growth of plants.
Which of the following statements given above is/ are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 or 2
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1297
7. [CDS 2012] Farmers are requested to mix lime with soil while farming their fields. This is because
(A) Lime is very helpful in maintaining the water content in the soil
(B) lime decreases the acidity of the soil
(C) lime decreases the basicity of the soil
(D) high concentration of lime is necessary for the plant growth
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1298
8. [UPSC 2009] On which one of the following rivers is located Indo-Pak Bagalihar Project?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1299
9. [UP PSC 2009] Fulhar Lake is situated in which state?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1300
10. [SSC 2007] The river also known as Tsangpo in Tibet is
To check our latest Posts - Click Here