Geography MCQ – Set 12
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2321
1. Bhimlat Falls is in
(C) Tamil Nadu
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2326
2. Which of the following are you likely to find in the ‘Vale of Kashmir‘?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2327
3. Consider the following pairs:
- Nainital: Shiwaliks
- Mt. Abu: Aravalis
- Ooty: Nilgiri Hills
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
(A) 1 and 2 only
(B) 2 and 3 only
(C) 3 only
(D) 1, 2 and 3
Nainital is located in Kumaon hills of Himalayas and not Shiwaliks. Mt Abu is situated in Aravalis and Ooty in Nilgari Hills. [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2329
4. How many states of India are coastal?
9 States ……The states which have a sea-line running along their borders are nine viz. Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal. [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2334
5. Consider the following about an Indian river:
- It is the largest tributary of the Indus.
- This is also known as ‘Chandrabhaga’.
- It is formed by joining of two streams at Tandi near Keylong.
Which of the following rivers is best described by the above features?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2340
6. Tehri dam is on the river –
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2376
7. Troposphere being the weather layer is the most important layer. Consider the statements regarding this weather layer.
- The height of the troposphere increases from Equator to the Poles.
- The height of the troposphere is comparatively more during the summer season than in the winter season.
- The height of the troposphere doesn’t get affected by the change in seasons.
Choose the correct statement/s from the following code.
(A) 2 only
(B) 1, 3 only
(C) 2, 3 only
(D) 3 only
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2410
8. Consider the following:
Which among the above are the official languages of Union Territory of Puducherry?
(A) 1 & 2
(B) 1, 2 & 3
(C) 2, 3 & 4
(D) 1, 2 & 4
The three official languages are:
- Tamil: Language used by the union territory government, especially used when communicating within and between the Tamil majority districts of (Pondicherry and Karaikal) along with issuing official decrees.
- Telugu: Used when communicating within Telugu district Yanam.
- Malayalam: Used when communicating within Malayalam district Mahe.
( As per The Pondicherry Official Language Act, 1965)[/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2420
9. In which district Similipal Tiger Reserve is located?
Mayurbhanj, Asanabani, Odisha[/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2421
10. Meena tribes are found in which state?
(C) Andhra Pradesh
To check our latest Posts - Click Here