History MCQ – Set 13 – Medieval History
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1931
1. Which one of the following is not correctly matched
- Diwan-i-Mushtakharaj – Alauddin Khalji
- Diwan-i-Amirkohi – Mohammad Tughlaq
- Diwan-i-Khairat – Firoz Shah Tughlaq
- Diwan-i-Riyasat – Balban
Diwan-i-Riyasat was established by Alauddin Khalji to control markets [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1932
2. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R)
- Assertion (A) : Alauddin built the siri fort.
- Reason (R) : He wished to safeguard Delhi from Mongol invasions.
In the context of the above two statements, which one of the following is correct ?
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (R) is true, but (A) is false
Siri Fort, in the city of New Delhi, was built during the rule of Ala-ud-Din Khalji, the Turkic (Afghan) ruler of the Delhi Sultanate, to defend the city from the onslaught of the Mongols.[/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1993
3. [SSC CGL 2015] The first Sultan of Delhi to issue regular currency and declare Delhi as the capital of his empire was:
(C) Qutbddin Aibak
(D) Alam Shah
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1998
4. Which monument was built by ShahJahan in Delhi?
(A) Babri Masjid
(B) Moti Masjid
(C) Makkah Masjid
(D) Jama Masjid
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2075
5. Who was the first Delhi Sultan to break the power of the Turkish nobles known as the ‘Chahalgani’ or the ‘Forty’?
(A) Qutb-ud-din Aibak
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2087
6. Vajradutta was in the court of
(D) Mahipala 2
The Budhdist poet Vajradatta (the author of Lokesvarashataka), was a member of Devapala’s court. [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2150
7. The mighty gateways found at the temples of south India are called?
|Gopuram (Gopura (singular)) is a monumental tower, usually ornate, at the entrance of any temple, especially in Southern India. This forms a prominent feature of Koils, Hindu temples of the Dravidian style. They are topped by the kalasam, a bulbous stone finial.|
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2178
8. At the time, when Nadir Shah attacked Delhi, the Mughal Emperor was
(A) Ahmad Shah
(B) Bahadur Shah
(C) Muhammad Shah
(D) Shah Alam II
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2193
9. How many times did Babur invade India before 1526 A.D.?
(A) five times
(B) four times
(C) none of these
(D) two times
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 2270
10. Consider the following statements about Rajaraja-1
- Rajaraja-1 of chola empire built Brihadeshwara Temple at Tanjore
- He launched several naval campaigns that resulted in the capture of Sri Lanka, Maldives and the Malabar Coast.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
To check our latest Posts - Click Here