History MCQ – Set 7 – Medieval History
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1716
1. Which of the following statements about Humayun is/are correct?
- He built a new city at Delhi, which he named Dinpanah
- The biography of Humayun, Humayun-nama was written by his sister, Gulbadan Begum
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1717
2. Which Mughal Emperor had put a ban on killing of animals in certain days?
(A) Shah Jahan
He put a ban in 1583 on killing animals on certain days. [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1718
3. Which one of the following was the original name of Tansen, the famous musician in the court of Akbar?
(A) Mahananda Pande
(B) Lal Kalawant
(C) Baz Bahadur
(D) Ramtanu Pande
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1739
4. In which among the following cities is located the famous monument Rumi Darwaja?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1750
5. Who among the following are known as King Makers in Indian History?
(A) Sayyid Brothers
(B) Hussain Brothers
(C) Hassan Family
(D) Tardi Begh
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1754
6. In Sangam age, the term ” Pillai” was used for which among the following?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1757
7. Which among the following was the state emblem of Pandyas?
(B) Bow & Arrow
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1760
8. The ruins of Vijayanagar empire are located on the bank of which river?
It’s actually on bank of Tungabhadra ( Hampi ). Considering the fact that it’s not in option and it ultimately met with Krishna, the Answer should be Krishna [/spoiler]
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1764
9. By which name was Mughal emperor Jahiruddin Muhammad famous?
BanglaQuiz Question ID : 1804
10. With reference to Maratha administration , consider the following statements:
- The Maratha law was influenced from Manu’s code of law.
- Mamlatdar performed revenue and judicial functions at the village level.
- The Peshwas employed a large number of Europeans in their army.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 2 only
(B) 1 and 3 only
(C) 2 only
(D) 1, 2 and 3
The Maratha law was based on the old Sanskrit treatises on law like Mitakshara and Manu’s Code and old customs. The influence of the ancient Hindu law-givers is more perceptible than in the judicial system of the Marathas. Hence, 1st statement is correct.
The chief village officer was the Patel who performed judicial, revenue and other administrative functions. He served as a link between the village and the Peshwa’s office. The Mamlatdar in the district set up was Judicial officer. Hence, 2nd statement is incorrect.
The Peshwas employed large number of foreigners in their army. Challenged by European powers, superior in discipline and military skill, the Marathas tried to meet the enemy with the weapons of the enemy. To train their troops the Marathas employed English, French, Portuguese, German, Swiss, Italian, Armenian professionals in their army. Hence, 3rd statement is correct. [/spoiler]
To check our latest Posts - Click Here