English Grammar MCQ with Answers
Here are 40 English Grammar MCQs with Answers.
1. Fill in the blank with appropriate preposition: Do you have any money _ you?
“On” means on your body at this moment (e.g.in your pocket). “With” means in your possession, but perhaps not on your body (e.g. in a briefcase, in the
car, at the hotel)
2. Fill in the blank: She went to New Market ______.
(A) on foot
(B) on feet
(C) by foot
(D) by walking
Also Check: Spot the Error Mock Test – English Quiz
3. Would you please find out Bangladesh ____ the map?
সাধারণত কোনো কিছু পৃষ্ঠের ওপরে বুঝাতে preposition হিসাবে ব্যবহৃত on হয়। যেমনঃ Would you please find out Bangladesh on the map.. বাক্যটির
অর্থ – তুমি কি দয়া করে মানচিত্রে বাংলাদেশকে খুঁজে দিবে?
4. When Ushashi entered ____ the room everybody stopped.
(D) No preposition required
5. Which ‘but’ is preposition?
(A) It is but night to admit our fault.
(B) What can we do but sit and wait ?
(C) We tried hard, but did not succeed.
(D) There is no one but likes him
প্রদত্ত বাক্যগুলোর মাঝে যে বাক্যে but preposition হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হয়েছে সেটি হলো What can we do but sit and wait। কারণ এ বাক্যে but শব্দটি ছাড়া বা ব্যতীত
অর্থে ব্যবহৃত হয়েছে।
6. As she was talking, he suddenly broke ____, saying, ‘That’s a lie!’
7. You may go for a walk if you feel ____ it.
8. ‘Among’ is a preposition that is used when ____ people are involved.
(B) more than two
(C) two or more than two
(D) four only
9. Eight men were concerned ____ the plot.
Be concerned in অর্থ কোনো বিষয়ে সংযোগ থাকা। বাক্যের অর্থঃ ষড়যন্ত্রের সাথে আটজন লোক জড়িত ছিল।
10. Choose the correct sentence:
(A) He refrained to take any drastic action.
(B) He refrained on taking any drastic action.
(C) He refrained in taking any drastic action.
(D) He refrained from taking any drastic action.
‘Refrain’-এর পরে ‘From’ বসে।
11. Choose the appropriate preposition in the blank of the following sentence: The family doesn’t feel ____ going outing this season.
12. Professor Razzak was a scholar___ refute.
13. Credit Rs.5000 ___ my account.
একটি নির্দিষ্ট একাউন্টের দিকে পাঠাতে হবে বোঝাতে ‘to’হবে।
14. John smith is good____ Mathematics.
15. Which is the correct sentence ?
(A) He insisted on seeing her.
(B) He insisted for seeing her .
(C) He insisted in seeing her.
(D) He insisted to be seeing her
16. Pick appropriate preposition for the following sentence: Anupam will discuss the issue with Pramita ____ phone.
17. Wordsworth introduced the readers ___ a new kind of poetry.
18. ___________ his earlier study, the Professor’s new study indicates a general warning trend in global weather.
(A) In contrast of
(B) In contrast to
(C) In contrast by
(D) In contrast as
19. Your conduct admits ____ no excuse.
20. Julia has been ill ____ three months.
Period of time বা ব্যাপক সময় বুঝালে ‘for’ বসে।
যেমনঃ He has been live here ‘for’ ten years. আর
Point of time বা নির্দিষ্ট সময় বুঝালে ‘since’ বসে। যেমনঃ
It has been raining ‘since’ morning.
21. There is no alternative ____ training.
Alternative এরপর to বসে যার অর্থ বিকল্প।
22. Many prefer donating money ______ distributing clothes.
23. Rizvi requested Rini ______ telephone to attend the meeting.
24. Hurry up! We have to go ____ five minutes.
25. I am not good _____ translation.
26. Every driver must be held _____ his own actions.
(A) responsible for
(B) responsible to
(C) liable to
(D) blamed for
27. ‘Prior to’ means –
(D) during the period of
28. Choose the correct sentence.
(A) The train is running in time.
(B) The train is running on time.
(C) The train is running with time.
(D) The train is running to time.
29. My brother has no interest ___ music.
30. I should appreciate if you complete this work _____ Thursday.
31. He divided the money ______ the two children.
(C) in between
32. Divide the Mangoes ____ the boys.
33. I finally killed the fly _____ a rolled up newspaper.
34. Why are you so angry ____?
35. He parted ____ his friends in tears.
36. The children were entrusted ____ the care of their uncle.
37. I decided to go____ with my friend as I needed some exercise.
(A) to a walk
(B) for walking
(C) for a walk
38. We need two hundred dollars ____ this to pay for everything.
(A) as well
39. My wife reminded me ______ .
(A) of my appointment
(B) to go my appointment
(C) to my appointment
(D) my appointment
40. Please ____ the necessity of arriving early.
(A) emphasise about
(B) emphasise to
(C) emphasise of
To check our latest Posts - Click Here